Milwaukee  |  Waukesha  |  Madison  |  Racine  |  Kenosha  |  Lake Geneva  |  Appleton  |  Green Bay  |  Wausau  |  Rhinelander  |  Stevens Point  |  Sheboygan  |  West Bend
When accidents or injuries happen to you or someone you love...why choose anyone else®
Home > FAQs > What should I do right after being involved in a motor vehicle accident?

What should I do right after being involved in a motor vehicle accident?

The first thing you should do after being involved in a car wreck is to make sure that you are physically alright. If you have any injuries, or if you notice that others involved are injured, then you should call an ambulance (if you can). If possible, you should turn on your hazards in order to alert passing traffic of the incident. You should also call the police ASAP.

If the accident is relatively minor, then you should exchange information with the other driver – names, phone numbers, and insurance contacts. Should you have a camera on-hand, then it would be wise to document the scene. Also note the location of the incident as well as the current weather conditions.

Remember to never admit fault when speaking with the other driver or police officers. That claim can seriously hurt you when it is time to figure out a settlement.

If you would like to speak further with an attorney about the specific steps you should take after being involved in a motor vehicle accident, contact the Kenosha car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® today at 800-242-2874.

Live Chat!
  • The information disclosed in this form does not constitute, nor create an attorney-client relationship.
Super Lawyers Martindale Hubbell AV Rated