What to Do After a Car Crash
Car accidents can be very scary experiences. Severe damage can be done to the people and vehicles involved. The aftermath of a car accident is frequently only thought of once an accident has actually occurred. However, it is important to remain aware of the proper procedures to take when a car crash does happen.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a car accident, the Kenosha car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® can help you get the compensation you deserve for your losses. Contact our offices today at 800-242-2874 to speak with an experienced attorney.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident
Following an accident, it is important to follow these steps to make sure your safety and legal rights are protected:
- If someone is injured call 911 so medics can be sent immediately. Where applicable, call the police to come to the accident site and file an accident report.
- If possible, move the involved vehicles to the side of the road, out of traffic.
- If moving the vehicle out of the road is not possible, remain in the vehicle until help arrives and keep your hazard lights on.
- Exchange information. Each driver should give their name, address, phone number, driver’s license number, license plate number, insurance carrier, insurance policy number, and the name and address for each person in the vehicle.
- Photograph and document the accident. Write down what happened for future purposes.
- File an accident report. If applicable this can be done with the police officer who comes to the accident site. Otherwise, you can file a state accident report.
Car accidents can be very damaging and expensive. If you were in an accident caused by another’s negligence, you may be eligible for compensation. Contact the Kenosha car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® today at 800-242-2874 to set up an appointment and speak with an experienced attorney about your case.