On a beautiful day, a walk through the neighborhood can be a truly joyous experience. However, as with any other activity, it is important to always keep your safety a priority. Following safety tips when walking will not only help you avoid injuries; it will also keep the roads and sidewalks of your area safer for everyone.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to the poor decisions of another party, you may be eligible for compensation. Contact the Kenosha pedestrian injury attorneys at Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® today at 800-242-2874 to discuss your case.
Tips for Pedestrians
Some easy and simple ways to remain safe while taking a walk include:
- Use sidewalks when available.
- If there is no sidewalk, walk facing the traffic on the road.
- Always stay off freeways and out of restricted zones.
- Do not jaywalk. Only cross streets where it is legal to do so.
- Make it easier for drivers to see you by wearing light colors.
- Wear reflective materials and carry a flashlight if walking in the dark.
- Always be cautious. Do not assume a driver sees you or will yield to you.
- Do not take long walks when intoxicated. This can be highly dangerous.
- Use extra precaution when walking or crossing a high-speed or multi-lane road.
Unfortunately, being cautious cannot always protect you from other people’s reckless behaviors. If you have been harmed by a careless driver or other party, our Kenosha pedestrian accident lawyers are ready to fight for the compensation you need.
Contact a Kenosha pedestrian injury attorney today to discuss your eligibility to collect for the damages you have suffered. Call the office of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® today at 800-242-2874 to speak to a qualified attorney about your case.