Highway Safety for Motorcyclists
Motorcycles are known for their speed and the sense of excitement that many motorcyclists enjoy. However, this enjoyment does come with certain risks. Every year thousands of individuals are seriously injured or killed in highway accidents involving motorcycles.
If you or someone you love has suffered in a motorcycle accident influenced by the recklessness or negligence of someone else, you may be eligible for fiscal compensation. The Kenosha motorcycle accident attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® have the experience you need on your side as you seek your due damages. Contact our office today at 800-242-2874 to learn more about your options from a knowledgeable attorney.
Steps for Motorcycle Safety on the Highway
Riding a motorcycle requires a unique level of awareness and precaution. Some steps motorcyclists can follow to avoid being involved in an accident when riding on the highway include:
- Keep a safe following distance and do not tailgate.
- Always follow proper safety procedures when passing cars.
- Avoid swerving between lanes or vehicles.
- Never ride under the influence of narcotics or alcohol.
- Avoid riding in anyone’s blind spots.
- Wear protective gear at all times.
- Obey traffic laws, warning signs and legal regulations in the same way a driver should.
- Make use of lights, horns, and turn signals to communicate with other drivers.
While these steps help you work as a motorcyclist to keep yourself and other safe, there are often reckless drivers who can place you in grave danger no matter what safety precautions you abide by.
The Kenosha motorcycle accident attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® can help you seek the compensation you need and deserve if you have been the victim of a motorcycle accident. Contact our office today at 800-242-2874 to get started on your case.