Milwaukee  |  Waukesha  |  Madison  |  Racine  |  Kenosha  |  Lake Geneva  |  Appleton  |  Green Bay  |  Wausau  |  Rhinelander  |  Stevens Point  |  Sheboygan  |  West Bend
When accidents or injuries happen to you or someone you love...why choose anyone else®
Home > Articles > Filing an Accident Report in Wisconsin

Filing an Accident Report in Wisconsin

Motor vehicle accidents are traumatic experiences. They can be painful, costly, and time intensive to recover from. That is why it is important to take small steps to make the process of handling and moving past a car crash a little easier. One such step is filing an accident report. An accident report is an official document detailing the incident. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation requires accident reports for a number of different vehicle collision situations.

If you or someone you care about has been the victim of a car accident due to the negligence of someone else, you may be able to collect compensation for your damages. The Kenosha car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® have the experience you need when navigating the legal process of collecting damages. Contact our offices today at 800-242-2874 to speak to an experienced attorney about your situation.

When to File an Accident Report

In the state of Wisconsin, you will need to file an accident report in the following car accident situations:

  • If someone is injured or killed in an accident
  • If more than $1,000 in damage is done to the property of one individual
  • If more than $200 worth of damage is done to government property that is not a motor vehicle

Contact Us

Filing an accident report can help make filing an insurance claim easier and it is a good way to officially document what happened in the crash. But anytime a car accident happens, things can get complicated. If you or someone you care about has been involved in a car accident, the Kenosha car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® can help you file a claim and fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact us today at 800-242-2874 to get started on your case.

Live Chat!
  • The information disclosed in this form does not constitute, nor create an attorney-client relationship.
Super Lawyers Martindale Hubbell AV Rated