Resume for Jason Knutson
Admitted to Bar
- 2000 Wisconsin and U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D., 2000 (cum laude)
- University of Wisconsin Madison, B.A. Philosophy, 1994 (Waller Scholarship winner)
- Inns of Court James E. Doyle Chapter, Executive Committee
- Dane County Bar Association, Long Range Planning Chair; Mediation Committee, Law for the Public Committee
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Law Related Education Committee; Media Law Relations Committee
- Wisconsin Association for Justice, Membership Committee
- American Association for Justice
- Lawyer Pilots Bar Association
- Legal Writing Institute
- National Center for Victims of Crime
- Dane County Case Mediation Program, Volunteer Mediator
- Woodland Montessori School, Past President Board of Directors
- Madison Museum of Contemporary Art – Development Committee
Publications and Presentations
- Commenter, “Spikes seen in wage, hour lawsuits in Wis., nationwide” Wisconsin Law Journal, June 2014.
- Author, “Get Lunch or Get Paid,” Wisconsin Nurses Association, June 2013.
- Speaker, “Auto Insurance,” Milwaukee Bar Association CLE Webinar, October 2012.
- Speaker, “How To Help Doctors Help You and Your Clients,” State Bar of Wisconsin CLE Webinar, May 2012.
- Author, “Walk in our Shoes: Why Docs Avoid Lawyers.” Wisconsin Lawyer. Volume 85:2. Feb. 2012.
- Speaker, “The ABCs of a Typical Auto Accident case and Automobile Insurance Basics.” Reeseville Chamber of Commerce. July 2011.
- Speaker, “Preparing a Case for Civil Trial.” University of Wisconsin Law School Lawyering Skills Course. March 2011.
- Speaker, “Advanced Trial Practice.” Litigation Training Program. November 2010.
- Speaker, “Ten Tips for Litigation Preparation.” MAPA Presentation. November 2010.
- Speaker, “Deposing Experts.” Litigation Training Program. July 2010.
- Commenter, “Attorneys voice concern over text message ban.” Wisconsin Law Journal. May 2010.
- Commenter, “New law boosts penalties for those who scam elderly.” Wisconsin State Journal. May 2010.
- Commenter, “PI firm focuses on bike injury cases.” Wisconsin Law Journal. April 2010.
- Speaker, “Litigating to Win Through Advanced Trial Advocacy.” National Business Institute CLE Seminar. Winter 2008.
- Commenter, “Suit is ok’d in stadium death.” Madison.com. June 2008.
- Author, “Preparing the Personal Injury Plaintiff for Mediation.” Wisconsin Lawyer. Volume 80:8. Aug. 2007.
- Speaker, “Auto Insurance: Uninsured, Underinsured and Accident Litigation in Wisconsin.” Lorman CLE Seminar. Summer 2007.
- Speaker, “Preparing for Mediation and Arbitration.” MAPA presentation. Summer 2007.
- Speaker, “Loose Metadata Can Sink Ships.” CLE presentation. Fall 2006.
- Speaker, “Ethics Questions and Answers for the Litigator.” CLE presentation. Fall 2006.
- Speaker, “Skillfully Handling Motor Vehicle Accidents from Start to Finish.” Lorman CLE Seminar. Spring 2006.
- Author, “Risking Home Equity in the Stock Market.” The Verdict. Volume 28:1. Winter 2005.
- Speaker, “Preparing for Litigation.” WATL Litigation Seminar. Fall 2005.
- Speaker, “The Ethics of Representing Both Sides of the Insurer/Insured Fence.” CLE presentation. Fall 2004.
- Author, “Unsuitable Investment Claims 101.” The Verdict. Volume 27:3. Summer 2004.
- Speaker, “New Lawyer Challenges.” WATL Young Lawyers Division, Courtroom to Classroom. Spring 2004.
- Speaker, “Punitive Damages in Drunk Driving Cases.” WATL Tort & Technique CLE Update. Fall 2003.
Awards and Recognition
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Listed in Super Lawyers 2013
- Certified as a Civil Trial Specialist with the National Board of Trial Advocacy in 2013
- Rated 10/10 ‘Superb’ by Avvo.com
- Awarded highest possible rating based on years of practice by Martindale Hubbell
- Named a ‘Rising Star’ by Milwaukee Magazine and Super Lawyers 2006, 2008-2012
- Aviation, Private Pilot License 1989
- Ultramarathon finisher
- Art History
- Mr. Knutson practices in the Madison office.